26 May 2010

Food tastings are some sort of awesome

I guess I never really thought about it, but trying to decide between two caterers means a whole lot of delicious food to try.

On Monday, May 17th, Matt and I had two tastings set up with the two top caterers. We went back to the previous place we had a small tasting at, and also set a tasting up with the other place with all the interesting Irish offerings.

I have to say, while I did enjoy the salmon options offered by the first place, I much preferred the second (and slightly more expensive) place. Almost everything offered was something I enjoyed. Seems like an easy thing to accomplish, but with my picky pallete, it can actually be quite difficult. The presentation and take-homes offered by the first place were really great. Additionally, when we mentioned that one of the passed appetizers we tried wasn't quite our favorite, she had teh kitchen whip something else up for us to try.

We're currently waiting on a new quote from the second place listing some of teh changes we made as a result of the tasting. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll still be somewhat reasonable. Probably my toes too, if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment